Subscribe Us

Header Ads

Aim High 3 unit 1 Workbook

Aim High 3 unit 1 Workbook

monitoring   ·  attachment   ·  investigation   ·  treatment   ·  glared   ·  development   ·  glanced   ·  gaped   ·  work out   ·  appearance   ·  recognition   ·  detection   ·  harassment   ·  tags   ·  observed  
1.She has to ask the price because the clothes has no .
2.They are all the employees to find out who is using the office phone for personal calls.
3.He couldn't the Maths problem.
4.Astronauts are very excited about a new in space technology.
5.My mother has always taken great care over her .
6.I had to send the email again because I had forgotten to include the .
7.When the company rang the man four times in one day, he complained of .
8.They were very disappointed at the they received at the meeting.
9.Experts are carrying out an into what caused the accident.
10.There was no of her efforts.
11.The famous actor tried to avoid by wearing a disguise.
12.The little boy at his new bike in surprise.
13.The teacher at her watch quickly.
14.The old man angrily at the naughty children.
15.The police carefully the people entering the bank.

Aim High 3 unit 1 Workbook

monitor   ·  citizens   ·  warn   ·  deter(2)   ·  illegal   ·  password   ·  initially   ·  interact   ·  protesting   ·  tag   ·  potential   ·  cash machine   ·  surveillance   ·  shoplifters  
1.CCTV cameras are intended to people from commiting crimes.
2.Don't cut the from that jacket until you've tried it on.
3.It's to travel by car without a seatbelt
4.The school has CCTV cameras to the entrances and the exits.
5.I've forgotten my again. I can't log on my account.
6.I tried to her but it was too late.
7.The shop employs store detectives to catch .
8.He was robbed while he was taking money out of the .
9.Some British who live abroad can vote in an elections.
10.Wearing seatbelt can prevent disaster in a car crash.
11.My neighbours bought a dig to burglars from breaking into their house.
12. is something we're all having to get used to.
13.The citizens of London are about the increase in knife crimes.
14. we were going to stay in a hotel,but then we decided to go camping.
15.They were interested to see how the cat would with their two dogs.

full-width

******************************************

Fill in the spaces with words that means the words in the box

potential   ·  citizens   ·  illegal   ·  tag   ·  password   ·  shoplifters   ·  cash machine   ·  deter   ·  warn   ·  monitor  
Click and Drop click on a word or phrase in the box above and then on the appropriate gap.
1.CCTV cameras are intended to people from committing crimes.
2.Don't cut the from that jacket until you've tried it on.
3.It's to travel by car without a seatbelt
4.The school has CCTV cameras to the entrances and the exits.
5.I've forgotten my again. I can't log on my account.
6.I tried to her but it was too late.
7.The shop employs store detectives to catch .
8.He was robbed while he was taking money out of the .
9.Some British who live abroad can vote in an elections.
10.Wearing seatbelt can prevent disaster in a car crash.
****************************************

Fill in the spaces with the scrambled words in brackets

1.CCTV cameras are intended to (rtede) people from committing crimes.
2.Don't cut the (tag) from that jacket until you've tried it on.
3.It's (algelli) to travel by car without a seatbelt
4.The school has CCTV cameras to (rnmtoio) the entrances and the exits.
5.I've forgotten my (prsawosd) again. I can't log on my account.
6.I tried to (wnra) her but it was too late.
7.The shop employs store detectives to catch (rpsesoiltfh) .
8.He was robbed while he was taking money out of the (shca_imacehn) .
9.Some British (zsntieic) who live abroad can vote in an elections.
10.Wearing seatbelt can prevent (atitponle) disaster in a car crash.
************************************************

Choose the correct answer:
1 is something we're all having to get used to.
attachment - interact - shoplifters - Surveillance
2The citizens of London are about the increase in knife crimes.
investigation - glare - protesting - tags
3 we were going to stay in a hotel,but then we decided to go camping.
tags - attachment - detection - Initially
4They were interested to see how the cat would with their two dogs.
interact - glance - shoplifters - peek
5Nobody me about the road works.
illegal - warned - peer - Surveillance
6the bank was shut so he took some money out of the .
glance - cash machine - tags - illegal
7Driving without a license is .
illegal - cash machine - detection - recognition
8Old people and small children are left quite after suffering from the illness.
work out - offenders - vulnerable - warned
9That store has installed new security cameras to catch .
gape(2) - shoplifters - development - detection
10The new centre for young is going to open next week.
protesting - offenders - investigation - peek
11She has to ask the price because the clothes has no .
appearance - monitoring - tags - Surveillance
12They are all the employees to find out who is using the office phone for personal calls.
attachment - monitoring - illegal - interact
13He couldn't the Maths problem.
glare - investigation - work out - illegal
14Astronauts are very excited about a new in space technology.
development - gape(2) - glare - glance
15My mother has always taken great care over her .
cash machine - appearance - illegal - detection
16I had to send the email again because I had forgotten to include the .
harassment - cash machine - attachment - tags
17When the company rang the man four times in one day, he complained of .
detection - shoplifters - work out - harassment
18They were very at the treatment they received at the meeting.
observe - development - disappointed - Initially
19Experts are carrying out an into what caused the accident.
detection - vulnerable - investigation - tags
20There was no of her efforts.
illegal - recognition - Initially - interact
21The famous actor tried to avoid by wearing a disguise.
warned - shoplifters - attachment - detection
22The little boy at his new bike in surprise.
attachment - cash machine - peek - gape
23The teacher at her watch quickly.
warned - recognition - development - glance
24The old man angrily at the naughty children.
peer - harassment - cash machine - glare
25The police carefully the people entering the bank.
observe - peek - gape(2) - detection
26My nosy neighbour over the fence.
protesting - disappointed - peek - spot
27My grandfather into the dark room.
peer - harassment - development - stare
28I suddenly a friend at the supermarket.
development - monitoring - shoplifters - spot
29The child at me for a long time.
illegal - stare - investigation - glance
30We all stood and in astonishment when our teacher came into school in a brand new sports car.
offenders - gape - observe - Surveillance

Correct the verbs between parenthesis: Use to + inf or Gerund

EG:I remember putting (put) my keys on the table, but I can't find them now.
1.If you happen ( see) Kerry, tell her I called.
2.Do you want ( watch ) a film tonight?
3.We managed (finish) our homework quickly.
4.I can't help (laugh) when someone falls over.
5.We hope (go) to the Mediterranean this year.
6.They refused (help) us with the project.
7.I meant (phone) you last night but I forgot.
8.I'm fed up! I spent all last night (study) for today's exam.
9.Did you manage (learn) it all?
10.I feel like (go) out for a change. We've been studying for weeks.
11.There's no way we can avoid (take) exams.
12.I fancy (lie) on a beach somewhere doing absolutely nothing.
13.I forgot (lock) the car so someone stole the radio.
14.I'll never forget (go) horse riding when I was little. I was terrified.
15.He stopped (buy) a newspaper on the way home, but there weren't any left.
Done with love and dedication: Hamdi.A.Sultan

Post a Comment

0 Comments