Subscribe Us

Header Ads

Reading Passages Grade 4

Family and Friends 4 (unit: 1 page: 12)


What do you like for breakfast?

Hi! I’m Abd Allah from Egypt. I sometimes eat bread with jam or cheese. But usually I eat fuul and bread for breakfast. Fuul is mashed beans. It’s great with olive oil and flat bread. I sometimes have an egg with it, too.



My name’s pete. I’m from Scotland. For breakfast, I usually have a bowl of cereal with milk, and then toastwith butter. We have lots of different cereals at home, but my favourite is cornflakes. I don’t have a very big breakfast because I eat lunch early at school.


Hi! Everyone. I’m Huong and I come from Vietnam. For breakfast, I usually have noodles soup. My grandma makes it every morning. Sometimes, I have xoi. These are balls of rice with beans. They are wrapped in coconut leaves and are really yummy.


Hi, My name is Mariana and I’m from Mexico. My favourite breakfast is huevos rancheros: eggs cooked in tomato and chilli sauce. Under the eggs is a tortilla, which is a corn pancake. I always eat a big breakfast because we don’t have lunch at school.

*********************************************************

Family and Friends 4 (unit:3 page:24)

Dinosaur data

What do you know about dinosaurs?




Dinosaurs lived on earth millions of years ago. scientists study dinosaur bones to find out how they lived and how they looked like. There were more than 700 types of dinosaurs. Some dinosaurs ate plants and others ate meat. Some walked on two legs and others walked on four legs. Some could fly and others lived in the sea. We know that they were all different but no one knows what colour or pattern they were. This is because there is no dinosaur skin left to study. Dinosaurs disappered 65 million years ago. Why was this? Some scientists think that a large rock called an asteroid fell to Earth from space. This made the Earth much colder and there was no longer any food for the dinosaurs to eat. The most famous dinosaur was the T-Rex (Tyrannosaurus Rex). It was 14 meters long and 5.5 m high: bigger than a house! It’s strong tail helped it move quickly. But no one knows how fast it could run. It’s teeth were 36 centimeters long and it ate meat. You can see T-Rex skeletons in some museums.
pterodactyle are not dinosaurs, they were flying reptiles that lived during the age of dinosaurs but by definition they do not fall into the same category. The same goes for water based reptiles such as Plesiosaurs. Birds descended from a type of dinosaurs known as theropods.

Post a Comment

0 Comments